An estimated 3 million to 4 million persons in the United States are chronically infected with HCV, and approximately half are unaware of their status. These individuals may ultimately progress to advanced liver disease and/or hepatocellular cancer. However, those outcomes can be prevented by treatment, which is rapidly improving and offers the potential of a cure to more patients than has been previously possible.
Please visit the links below to become more informed about Hepatitis C testing, diagnosis and risk factors:
- Getting Tested for Hepatitis C
- Information on Testing and Diagnosis
- Information for Gay and Bisexual Men
- Hepatitis C and Incarceration
- Guideline Central Mobile App with HCV Guidance: HCV on iOS and HCV on Android